This is the Occupy Sydney site, other sites are currently being developed
Please bookmark this site and contribute by writing a post or commenting on some of them.
Subject: Occupy Sydney
Powered by Technology blog
Powered by Technology blog
Tut im proud of what you are doing and ashamed at how it is seen by mainstream media. Evan tho deep down in theircheart they are wanting change. Life is not sustainable at present rates and changecis inevitable. Please allow me to suggest getting a professional spokesperson to talk with media, as intentions only skills dont get thru to mainstay traditional world order. It is challenging to exchange passed bias so maybe fight fire with fire. How about showing them organisation. That is the key. Order sadly is what they follow. My suggestion is that while we are distracted by our daily chores to pay bills, an explanation of what we are being brainwashed with and what we are missing. Why work five days a week what will the masses do when computerised robots become workers? Welfare the norm. So we are feeling visionaries and not lost to anticipating squirilling nuts for winters famines like corporations. How did a corporation start? My thought is we helped eachother fish and some brainiac salted some for the future, and then it needed managing. There is plenty and we are brainwashed theres a need to work passed retirement. What is life , learn work die? If you were to redisign the world of society with all we know how would it be? Do we get people on side? Like the movie one they are confused with too much while most suffer. We all want change. Could i suggest get organised in a way that will be safe and show who is outnumbered. A facebook following and a date of celebration to community meaning.thankyouJust doing it
Hello “Iamyou” for your information, we are doing exactly as you have suggested.
We do have a page. it may be found here Occupy Sydney Facebook Page
We are organsied. You may not realise it yet, but we have been active, and we have seen, and we have been strategising for days behind the scenes.
We know what must be done, and we have a “Think Tank” working on this. Whilst you do not know us, you will in time.
If you think this will disappear into the night, you are incorrect.
There is much to be done. A lot of it is being done.
You will note that the Martin Place Occupy Sydney group has its own page, it is listed.
We are not the same being albeit, we share a common cause. So let us be clear and defined for one moment. This website, is OccupySydney.org the other is OccupySydney.org.au
Which ever you end up on, is overly superfluous in the end. It does not matter, we work together and we share data.
We have our own thoughts, as do they, they are most welcome, and we respect that. For now though, on this page, you may refer them as the Martin Place Occupy Sydney Group.
Hope this sheds some sort of light for you. The moment in time is almost upon us. Occupy Sydney is more than you think it is. Be safe and be smart
I hope we are not going to find out that “Occupy Sydney” is another Union and Federal Government funded spin doctor in disguise. ie getup.
Oh I can assure you there is no one from GetUp in this websites administration. In fact I’d rather slit my wrists before I let them have anything to do with this.
It is good to see people finally taking a stand to these corrupt corporate bullies but as i read comments from people attending i fear that none really knows what there marching for most people don’t understand how FIAT currency works how reserve banking works how we got to be in the global financial crises why the 950 we all loved from kevin rudd was one of the worste things we could have done to this country before that we were 10 bn in surplus know we are 200 bn in dept and now things are getting worse with this carbon tax.
Also how the income tax is complete bull plop and is not constitutional, dont we deserve the fruits of our labour? Shouldn’t our savings and superannuation be worth something?I would like to see this movement obtain public records start investigating you need documention to present to the media and people in general, educate as many people as possible on these matters please watch and learn from RON PAUL 2012 u.s presidential candidate END THE FED!!!!
Hey guys i appreciate the work on getting the fed problem on the front page but it seems some neoconservative is talking jibarish and has edited my video so here is one that not even this guy can dispute
We are being duped. The average price of homes in Australia today is $435,000 (seven times the annual workers wage of $65,000) and yet in 1977 the average price was $31,000 (twice the average annual workers wage of $15,000). I’d say that someone there hates wage earners and loves millionaires, and it has to be the treasurers of the political parties, irrespective of the party.
Over the last forty years, the Treasurers of both parties have consistently reduced the top tax. In doing so removed the anchor holding the otherwise uncontrolled CEO’s and others, to a reasonable salary. Since the Treasurers have reduced the top tax, CEO’s and the others have increased their salaries way up beyond reason and increased the costs of goods and services. This has put an unacceptable load on most of our workers and with the CEO’s salaries and bonuses still increased, it is little wonder that many wage earners have had enough. I have put many remarks on the Liberal Party’s web site, look on the economy subsite and Small business suubsite. I suggest that you take the appropiate steps to create and register a political party, immediately, and and run the party at the next election. The existing parties are useless, or actually a desaster.
The Constitution of “My Country-My Party”.
1. All people must be ensured of the ability to attain a decent mode of living with employment, housing, food and clothing. The welfare of the people and the economy of the country is paramount.
2. A taxation system to restrict obscene incomes and to provide sufficient finance to cater for insurance to cover emergencies such as flood, fire and famine and other emergencies. A preference is for the Commonwealth to have a special fund for these emergencies, to carry the insurance itself.
3. Assistance for restoring labour intensive but economically viable industries to keep our workers employed.
4. Care must be taken to ensure that the export of our non-renewable non-value-added resources do not endurably affect our own manufacturing industries and the employees of those industries, nor to damage our farming industries, nor to deplete our resources to such an extent that our own industries and our country is at all disadvantaged or at risk in any way.
5. Any and every person who is intending to offer themselves as a representative of the party at an election for the Commonwealth or for a State, must forward a résumé of their activities and integrity to the party centre.
6. No member may misappropriate or misuse funds that, by the normal rules of decency would be considered as thieving or as a misdemeanour of any kind, it should not ever have become a normal part of being a member of parliament.
7. A public committee will be set up consisting of non-political-party members, preferably small business operators, ie small hardware store, small general store, Farmer and pastoralist, owner operated with up to ten or so employees, to determine fair remuneration and conditions to create a fair interaction between members of parliament and the people, after all, these members are only employees of the people anyway, aren’t they.
8. To join this party, persons must sign that they will honour and obey this constitution, and the constitution of the commonwealth of Australia, and is not subservient to any foreign power.
9. In my observance of the previous governing by the parties, I would be reluctant in allowing Lawyers or such groups, to allow any more than a fair relative representative of them to take control of the party or the cabinet in Parliament.
Remember that newspapers are there to make money, they are not there to tell the truth or to make Australia a prosperous country, Mostly they are US owned, and don’t really care how we end up, as long as they are raking in the cash and getting higher sales.
I have worked out a tax which would improve living conditions, with the following results. Undoubtiditly you have people who are more competent though. these are some of the results.
Wages in Australia 2010,
Trend Estimates (before the addition of the 9% Super)
Full-time adult ordinary time earnings $1,243.10 pw ($64.641 pa)
Full-time adult total earnings $1,290.70 pw ($67.116 pa)
Male Full Time Total Earnings $1,396.50 pw ($72,618 pa)
Female Full Time Total Earnings $1,106.20 pw ($57,522 pa)
How can the political parties expect us to jump into their claims of the “Global Warming” and their tax, when their previous decisions have left many of our workers with only two or three days work a week in a system which contends that they are fully employed, and our unemployment is only 5%, and many of those workers are losing the homes they have been trying to buy and they and their families are being forced to pay unrealistic rental to have a place for some security. If there is “Global Warming”, I expect that coal exports would cease, and that these politicians would do their best to repair the damage the reciprocal imports have already done to our own manufacturing industries. After all, our coal, iron ore and other mined commodities are non- renewable, They won’t regenerate, when they are gone, they are gone for good, we won’t have electricity for sufficient power for factories, and this is only one part of the bad decisions of those political parties in government.
Genia Rinehart is about to become the worlds richest women,I would love it if we all sent her a post card asking her, Will she do good with her outragesous wealth, you cant take it with you, so spread it around, like schools hospitals.Jude
You must be logged in to post a comment.